Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Mon & Tues...and a little Wed!

Monday - I decided to get a little sleep...woke up about 3:30am and drove to Milawaukee.  Got my flight to Orlando and was in the humidity by 11am!  A shuttle picked me up and brought me to the hotel for the night.  I decided since I didn't have a car to keep it a low key day and play some catch up with emails and editing.  I ordered pizza and stayed in my PJs all day!  Of course I couldnt sleep at all so I was awake until 3am...and up again at 6:30 for my flight to Puerto Rico. 

Tuesday - Flying Jet Blue to Puerto Rico was super easy.  They gave me a seat with priority boarding and extra leg room!  I slept most of the way down.  Once in Puerto Rico it was a little confusing because I had to switch airlines and never had a boarding pass.  But there were helpful signs in English and Spanish and I found Cape Air.  I had a good 3 hours until my next flight so I stopped for a margarita.
Flying in to PR


Flying to St Croix was an experience!!  There were about 8 of us and they had asked us our weight and weighed our carry ons!  They had to distribute the weight throughout the plane.  The smaller carry on items were placed inside the wing of the plane.  I was in awe the whole plane ride.  What a gorgeous view!
 My friends hubby Noah picked me up at the airport.  Once we got in the car he explained that Shera had emergency surgery that morning and was in the hospital for an undetermined amount of days.  We went straight to the hospital to see her.  She was still sore from the surgery and not feeling too well.  After a few hours, and being able to get out of bed, she seemed to be doing a lot better!  She arranged to have her girlfriends pick me up and take me to a movie that night.  

One of Shera's friends dropped me off at their house, where Noah was up waiting for me.  I fell asleep pretty fast...slept with the windows open and a fan on me, its warm and humid here!

Wednesday (today):
I woke up the next morning to this view out their front window:

Wow! How gorgeous!  Noah drove me around the Eastern side of the island showing me a few cool beaches I could hang out at today.  He took me to this cool private beach called Smugglers Cove
And then to the Millennium sundial which is the Eastern most part of the United States!  For a few minutes I was the most-Eastern person in the US. How cool is that???

I'm off to explore a beach or two now!  Wish me luck driving on the opposite side of the road!!

1 comment:

  1. I so wish I was there with you right now- it looks AH-mazing!!

    ReplyDelete