Saturday, October 30, 2010

The rest of Wed, Thurs, Fri and Sat

Wednesday Part 2:  I drove (on the left side of the road!) to the Divi Resort and had some lunch.  Food is crazy expensive is STX!  A drink and an appetizer of coconut shrimp was over $20.  I took my drink (a painkiller) to the beach and fell asleep in the sun!  It was so relaxing.  I got a tiny bit sunburned on my  legs where I forgot to put sunscreen! Oops!  I went back to Shera's condo and got some work done until Noah came home and cooked us lamb chops for dinner.
 
My spot at the Divi:



Thursday:  Since I didn't see Shera the day before, Noah and I headed to the hospital first thing.  We visited with her for awhile until she forced Noah to take me site seeing.  Our first stop was a pizza place called Napoleons.  It was really good!  Then we drove to Fredericksted to check out the Cruzan Rum Distillery.  The Captain Morgan Rum company just built a distillery on the island which is a huge deal.  Anyways, the tour was pretty interesting. They take you right next to the fermenting rum...so close you could accidentally touch or spit in it!  I tried to get my phone out in time for a pic but wasn't fast enough.  After, they make you any rum drink you want. I had a cheesecake!
 
The rum is in these barrels for 2.5 years!

Cheesecake :)

My happy place

Noah then drove me to the Fredericksted pier which was beautiful. The water was so blue and clear it was unreal! 





We headed back to the hospital to see Shera and their friend Laura drove me home.
 
Friday:  Went to the hospital early to say my goodbyes to Shera.  My plane left around noon for Puerto Rico.  It was the same small 8 seater plane but this time I got to sit right next to the pilot!  Essentially I was the co-pilot. haha  It was raining pretty hard which was really cool to see in such a small plane.  When we de-boarded I said to the pilot "I hope I did ok for my first time as co-pilot" and his response was "Hell Ya you did!" I laughed.
 
My view:

I landed in Orlando around 6pm and the hotel took forever to pick me up.  I relaxed and got some work done the rest of the night.

Saturday (today!): I woke up early and got some editing done.  Around lunch time I walked to the only place around...The Waffle House. That was interesting!  My whole lunch cost me $6.99 including a hefty tip! haha  Not bad.  I've been in the hotel the rest of the day working.  Shawna (my bride this week) came by to introduce herself earlier and now i'm waiting for Mandi's flight to come in around 10pm.  Tomorrow we get on the cruise ship!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment